Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting
1. In a mixing bowl place 1 cup pumpkin, 1 cup shortening, 1 cup sugar and mix
2. Add one egg and 1 tsp vanilla and mix again
3. Sift in 2 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 tsp ginger and mix a final time
4. Spoon cookies onto a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 min.
5. For the frosting, melt 3 Tbsp brown sugar in a sauce pan, add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup milk, stir until sugar is dissolved.
6. Place in your mixing bowl and add 1 tsp vanilla and about 3 cups of powdered sugar, mix until smooth.
Frost cookies and enjoy!
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Pumpkin Apple Bread with Streusel Topping
2. Add 3 cup flour, 2 Tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and mix again
3. Peel, core and dice 2 tart apples and fold into the batter
4. spray loaf pans and evenly divide the batter between them.
5. To make streusel topping in a bowl combine 2 Tsp flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 tsp softened butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Spread over each loaf.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 min (until a toothpick comes out clean)
Makes 7 mini loaves for 2 large loaves.
1. Pop 1/2 cup popcorn kernels or use a bag of microwave popcorn.
2. While it is still hot pour into a paper bag with 1/2 cup pumpkin chips and shake, shake, shake. (if the pumpkin chips aren't melting, you can microwave the paper bag for a 20 or so sec until they melt)
3. rip open the bag and allow the pumpkin to cool and harden a bit and serve.
1. In a blender pour 3 cup apple cider, 1 - 6 oz can pineapple juice, 1 cup pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1 cup orange juice (you can sweeten with some agave nectar or honey)
2. Blend for 30 sec.
3. Store in a pitcher in the fridge. The pumpkin will settle to the bottom so stir before serving.
Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting.
(This was a Martha Stewart recipe that I adapted and changed a little. Here is a link to the original recipe http://www.marthastewart.com/344826/pumpkin-whoopie-pies-with-cream-cheese-f )
1. In a mixer place 1 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and mix
2. Then add 1 egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla and mix again
3. Sift in 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 Tbsp ginger, 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice and mix a final time
4. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and put batter into a prepare piping bag
5. Pipe out an even number of cookies (for sandwiches) and bake at 350 for 7-8 min. Allow to cool completely.
6. For frosting place in a mixing bowl 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 oz softened cream cheese, 3 tbsp softened butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla. mix until smooth
7. place frosting in anther prepared piping bag and place a dollop of frosting on 1/2 of the cookies. Top with other cookie to make the whoopie pies. Make about 3 dozen mini pies.
Store in the fridge in an air tight container with parchment paper as a liner for layers.