2. Saute in the bottom of a dutch oven or stock pot in 1/4 cup butter until tender (5-10 min) over medium heat.
3. Add 1 carton of either chicken broth or chicken stock and 2 bunches of broccoli heads cut into small pieces (or 1 bag of frozen broccoli). Cover and cook until broccoli is soft (about 10 min)
4. Add 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of half-n-half.
5. Cut 16 oz of Velveeta cheese into small cubes and add to the pot, stir until all the cheese is melted.
6. To thicken the soup remove about 1/2 cup of the liquid and mix in 2 Tbsp flour then stir back into the pot. This is supposed to keep lumps from forming but it they do just whisk away ;)
7. Let thicken and serve with sourdough bread.