It wouldn't be Christmas time without some of these! My mom used to make them every year and now I make them with my kids. I love passing down traditions like this. This is the very first video I ever did (5 years ago), so please be kind. It was before I had a nice camera and learned how to use iMovie so it's pretty rough but still informative Enjoy!
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Powdered sugar (For rolling)
1. Cream together shortening, white sugar and brown sugar.
2. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and almond extract.
3. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder and mix
4. Mix in pecans
5. Take a small amount of dough and roll it around a hershey kiss and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat with all the dough.
6. Bake for 12 min at 350 (they will not turn brown so don't over bake)
7. Let cool completely and roll in powdered sugar
**Best when warm, can warm in the microwave for about 10 sec.