1. Brown 1/2 lb ground beef (remove and discard grease) and add 1 Tbsp steak seasoning
2. In a dutch oven saute 3 sweet peppers and 1/2 small onion until tender
3. Add 1 can pork-n-beans, 1 can of red kidney beans, 1 jar of tomatoes and the ground beef.
4. Stir in the following spices:
2 Tbsp Chili Powder, 1/2 Tbsp season salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano
5. Cover and let simmer for at least 10 min.
6. Then serve with your favorite fixin's
Chicken and Tomatoes
1. Using your choice of bone-in/skin-on chicken place in a glass baking dish, dot with butter and sprinkle with season salt. Bake at 275 degrees for an hour or until the internal temp reaches 165 degree.
2. Remove the skin and remove bones. Dice chicken
3. In a dutch oven add 1 package of dry onion soup mix and 2 cups of water
4. Add 1 can of home canned tomatoes and 1 can of store bought canned tomatoes
1 tsp basil and the diced chicken
5. Cover and simmer for about 45 min or until the liquid reduces to form a stew consistency
6. Serve over rice.
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
1. Cut 1 lb or more of round steak into portion size piece, salt and pepper each side.
2. Dredge in flour and brown for a couple of min on each side in hot oil.
3. Thinly slice 1 medium onion and 2 bell peppers.
4. In a crock pot layer steak, peppers, onions and tomatoes until all in in the pot. Salt and pepper
5. Allow to cook for 6-8 hours
6. Serve over mashed potatoes
For a how to video on Mashed Potatoes see my Easter Feaster video
Hats (Aka Macaroni and Tomatoes)
1. Cook 1/2 lb of pasta to al dente, drain and put back in the pot
2. Add 1/4 cup butter and stir until melted
3. Add 1 jar of canned tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste
4. Can be served with or without shredded mozzarella cheese