1. In a dutch oven place corned beef roast with spices and 1-2 cups water (depending on size of roast)
2. Roast in a 225 degree oven for a total of 6 hours.
3. Rinse mini potatoes and sprouts (and remove a few of the outer leaves).
4. Add to the dutch oven about 3-4 hours into the cooking process (depending on the size of potatoes they need to cook 2-3 hours)
5. Remove from juices and serve with Guinness mustard sauce
**Could also be cooked in a crockpot on low for 8 hours.
I forgot to put mine in at noon, so I bumped up the temp to 275 degree for 4 hours and it was still very tender. Put the potatoes and sprouts in for around 2 hours for small or the full 4 for large.
Guinness Mustard Sauce1 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp yellow mustard
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup dark Guinness Beer
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1-2 Tbsp cornstarch
1. In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter
2. Add brown sugar, mustard, dry mustard, vinegar and beer
3. Whisk until combine and sugar is dissolved.
4. Whisk in cornstarch and allow sauce to thicken.
**This would be great on bratwurst or soft pretzels.