Saturday, April 16, 2016
Cherry Almond Scones
1. Sift together 2 cup flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp salt.
2. Cut 6 Tbsp of cold butter into slices and add to the mixing bowl
3. Using the paddle attachment mix until the butter is incorporated into the dry ingredients (it will still be powdery)
4. Add 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup milk to the mixing bowl and mix until well combined
5. Lastly add 1 package of sweet dark cherries (canned or thawed frozen is fine) and 1/4 cup sliced almonds and mix a final time.
6. Spread a healthy amount of flour onto your counter and turn out the dough.
7. Using more flour on top lightly shape into a thick disk and transfer to a greased baking sheet
8. Cut into slices with a pizza cutter.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 22 mins
10. Recut the grooves and allow to cool.
11. To make the glaze melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Stir in 2 Tbsp cream and drizzle over scones.
12. While the glaze is still wet sprinkle some sliced almonds on top of each scone.
13. Allow glaze to cool and serve