The World’s Best Sugar Cookies
½ cup powdered sugar ½ cup white sugar
½ cup butter ½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla 1 egg
¼ tsp almond extract 2 ½ cup flour
½ tsp salt ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cream of tartar
1. cream sugars, butter, and oil until light and fluffy
2. add egg, vanilla and almond, beat until combined
3. Sift in dry ingredients
4. Mix until dough forms ball and pulls away from sides of bowl
5. Turn out onto plate, cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill
6. Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes
7. Bake at 350 degree for 8-12 min
8. Let cool and frost
9. Store in an air tight container for up to a week, makes about 2 dozen cookies
Basic Buttercream Frosting
*Cut recipe in half for sugar cookies
*Make full recipe for cupcakes
*Double for a cake (that you frost down the sides and in between layers)
½ stick softened butter
3-4 cups powdered sugar
up to ¼ cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract, clear
1. Mix butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in mixer with whisk attachment
2. Add small amounts of water until you reach desired consistency
3. Add color and mix until dispersed
Star-Spangled Ice Cream Sandwich cake
Tequila Key Lime Pie
1. In a bowl combine 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 2/3 cup key lime (or lime juice), 1 Tbsp lime zest and 1/3 cup sour cream.
2. Add 1 shot (1.5oz) of tequila and mix until smooth
3. Pour into a graham cracker crust and bake at 350 for 5-8 min (or until tiny bubble form in the surface of the pie but don't pop.
4. Chill over night or for several hours, top with whipped cream and lime slices and enjoy!
1. Put a layer of 5 1/2 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a square glass dish
2. Spread a layer of hot fudge over the sandwiches
3. Sprinkle a layer of Heath Toffee bits over the fudge
4. Put another layer of 5 1/2 ice cream sandwiches
5. Spread a layer of caramel topping over the sandwiches
6. Sprinkle another layer of Heath bits
7. Top with whipped cream and more Heath bits and drizzle with fudge and caramel
Store in the freezer and let stand 5-10 min before serving.
Russian Tea Cookies
This is the very first video I ever did (5 years ago), so please be kind. It was before I had a nice camera and learned how to use iMovie so it's pretty rough but still informative Enjoy!
1. Cream together 3/4 cup shortening, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
2. Beat in 1 egg, 1-2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp almond extract.
3. Sift in 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp baking powder and mix
4. Mix in 1/2 cup chopped pecans
5. Take a small amount of dough and roll it around a hershey kiss and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat with all the dough.
6. Bake for 12 min at 350 (they will not turn brown so don't over bake)
7. Let cool completely and roll in powdered sugar
**Best when warm, can warm in the microwave for about 10 sec.